Captured from the platform of the European Southern Observatory’s Very Large Telescope, located on Cerro Paranal in the Atacama Desert of northern Chile, this image shows four moveable, 1.8-meter auxiliary telescopes operating under a starry sky.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures