The new moon occurs Feb. 4, at 4:04 p.m. EST (2104 GMT), two days after our satellite makes a close pass by Saturn and a day before it reaches apogee, the farthest point in its orbit from Earth.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures