On January 26, 1978, the International Ultraviolet Explorer launched into orbit on a mission to study ultraviolet light emitted by stars and other bright objects in the universe. See how it happened in our On This Day In Space video series!
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures