On January 23, 1942, the National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics (NACA) founded the Aircraft Engine Laboratory, which was renamed Lewis Research Center after NASA was established in 1958. See how it happened in our On This Day In Space video series!
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures