A weirdly bright and brief blast dubbed "The Cow," which researchers first spotted last June, was likely generated by a newborn black hole or superdense stellar corpse called a neutron star, a new study reports.
- Blood Moon 2019: Teach Your Kids About the Total Lunar Eclipse with These NASA Resources!
- In Photos: China’s Chang’e 4 Moon Rover Toys Celebrate Mission to Lunar Far Side
- Watch Ultima Thule Spin Like a Propeller in This Awesome New Horizons Flyby Video
- Fresh Rainfall on Saturn’s Huge Moon Titan Spotted in NASA Photo
- Fresh Rainfall on Saturn’s Huge Moon Titan Spied in NASA Photo