On January 8, 1973, the Soviet Union launched the Luna 21 mission to land a rover on the moon. This was the second time that the Soviet Union put a rover on the moon. See how it happened in our On This Day In Space video series!
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures