The American Astronomical Society’s biggest annual gathering, a conference dubbed the “Super Bowl of astronomy,” kicks off in Seattle today (Jan. 6). But the team will be short a few hundred players this year, thanks to the government shutdown.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures