The private spaceflight company SpaceX called off the attempted launch of an advanced GPS satellite for the U.S. Air Force on Saturday (Dec. 22) due to high winds in the upper atmosphere. The next attempt will be Sunday.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures