The Kepler mission officially ended on Oct. 30, when NASA announced that the spacecraft had run out of fuel and would receive its last commands this week or next — but its legacy will stretch far beyond just the planets it happened to spot.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures