A $1 billion NASA mission that will use a laser to track changing ice levels on Earth soared into space early Saturday (Sept. 15), launching into a predawn California sky on a mission that also marked the final flight of a record-setting rocket.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures