It launched rovers to Mars, sent probes to the moon, comets and asteroids, put astronomical observatories into orbit and deployed the first GPS satellites. And now, after three decades of service, the Delta II rocket is entering history.
- Last-Minute Glitch Delays US Spy Satellite Launch
- Bush Remembered for Role Shaping Post-Cold War Space Policy
- The World’s Tallest Rockets: How They Stack Up
- On This Day in Space! Dec. 9, 2006: First Swedish Astronaut Launches to the Space Station
- Space Force Proposal Could Create a Broader Military Department for Both Air and Space