The European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope in Chile has a busy observation schedule, but sometimes cloudy or moonlit skies mean a temporary halt to scientific measurements. Then, it grabs images like this.
- On This Day in Space! Dec. 10, 1977: 1st Long-Duration Mission Launches to Salyut 6 Space Station
- It’s Official! NASA’s Famed Voyager 2 Spacecraft Reaches Interstellar Space
- 2018 Geminid Meteor Shower This Week May Be the Year’s Best
- Dolphin-Shaped Cloud Swims Across Jupiter in This Awesome NASA View
- Why Satellites Need Cybersecurity Just Like You