British astrophysicist Jocelyn Bell Burnell will receive a $3 million Special Breakthrough Prize in Fundamental Physics, for her 1967 discovery of the fast-spinning stellar corpses known as pulsars and her scientific leadership in the 50 years since then.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures