On Sept. 4, 1962, NASA's Mariner 2 spacecraft performed the first-ever rocket maneuver in deep space as it did a quick mid-course correction on its way to Venus. See how it happened in our On This Day In Space video series.
- On This Day in Space! Sept. 19, 1996: STS-79 Docks with Mir Space Station
- SpaceX’s New BFR Spaceship Really Does Look Like Tintin’s Moon Rocket
- Giant Ice Volcanoes Once Covered Dwarf Planet Ceres
- Japan’s Hayabusa2 Sees Its Shadow on Asteroid Ryugu in New Photos
- Weird Infrared Signal Emanates Across Space, But What Created It?