The European launch company Arianespace successfully launched a new weather satellite today (Aug. 22). Named Aeolus, the spacecraft is the first satellite designed to measure Earth’s winds on a global scale.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures