This post contains affiliate links.
:: 1 ::
Do you clean out your Instagram followers? If you have a public account, you really should! I try to do this about once per month. This month I deleted a number of questionable-looking men. I also tend to delete accounts with no profile photo, unless I know who they are. Even though my policy is to never post photos of my children online (their faces, anyhow), I still try to provide this extra layer of protection for our family. You might want to, too.
:: 2 ::
We start school on Monday!!!!!!!!!! Am I ready? Um, I hope so. I’ve cut it close this time — way closer than usual. Last year, I finished a whole week ahead and had a nice break for a week before we started. This year, I’m rolling right into the school year. Not ideal, but not avoidable.
When do you start?
:: 3 ::
Scholé Sisters debuted our second (and final) episode of our special summer season. This one comes in two parts, and OUR part is the SECOND half. It won’t make much sense unless you listen to the first part, which you can find on The Mason Jar Podcast here (or in your favorite podcast player, of course). Once you’ve listened to the first part, THEN jump over to Scholé Sisters and listen to the second!
:: 4 ::
Don’t start thinking you’re podcasted out, because AfterCast has an episode for your earbuds as well! This one is a crossover, which means you can find the whole thing on AfterCast OR on the Charlotte Mason Poetry Podcast.
:: 5 ::
This month in 2015:
:: 6 ::
This week’s links collection:
- Look up from your screen from Aeon
- This article wonderfully balances the prevalent Gnosticism I’ve noticed lately! Example: “It is common sense that the head is the ‘seat of thought’, but ‘the principal regions of my body are consecrated to actions’, and the ‘parts of my body participate in their value’. People learn, think and value with every part of their bodies, and our bodies know things that we can never fully articulate in words.”
- Not just brain (or MIND) — BODY matters, too. And thinking of those two things as separate is sometimes useful, but also sometimes detrimental.
- “For many young people, digital media, even when used appropriately, can make education and community life worse.”
- Reports: Sen. Dianne Feinstein’s Personal Driver For 20 Years Was A Chinese Spy from The Federalist
- Interesting, though. A later report said he was NOT just her driver, but an office staffer as well!
- As this woman was MY senator, I find this hugely upsetting. And then to add insult to injury, she was sitting on the Judiciary Committee and the Intel Committee! Head slapper, that.
- So corrupt. What else is there to say?
- Probiotic Use Is Link Between Brain Fogginess, Severe Bloating from Laboratory Equipment
- How many probiotics do I give my children? ZERO. This is basically why.
- Egypt’s second sphinx FOUND: Ancient statue discovered during ROAD WORKS from Express
- This sort of reads like a conspiracy theory about Egyptology … which means I loved it. At the very least, great fun.
The post Thoughtworthy (Clean Your Instagram, School Start, and MORE!) appeared first on Afterthoughts.