Nearly two centuries ago, astronomers saw a mighty eruption from the massive star system Eta Carinae. Now, astronomers have measured its outburst — which sent gas flying fast enough to travel from Earth to the moon in 20 seconds.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures