On Aug. 2, 1971, a lunar liftoff was televised for the first time. Apollo 15 astronauts David Scott and James Irwin spent three days on the moon before departing in the lunar module. See how it happened in our On This Day in Space video series.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures