Our guest today is Celeste Cruz. Celeste is the Catholic homeschooling mother of nine children ages 11 and under, blogger at Joyous Lessons, and one of the hostesses of CharlotteMasonIRL on Instagram. In this episode, Pam, Brandy, and Celeste have an in-depth conversation about transforming the chore of pre-reading for our children’s lessons into a beautiful scholé experience for Mom. They cover the technical aspects of notebooking, letting go of perfectionism, and MORE!
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by The Simplified Organization Brain Dump Guide. How much crazy do you have rolling around in your head? Before you declutter your closets, you should declutter your head! By writing down all the obligations, responsibilities, reminders, random facts, and expections that keep your mind churning, you’ll free up your mental energy so you can use it where you need it. The free Brain Dump Guide at Simply Convivial will walk you through the process with prompts and tips so you can declutter your head and move ahead with clarity and peace. Visit Simply Conivial and download it today!
Listen to the podcast:
- Scholé Everyday
- Topical Discussion: Bling Your Pre-Reading with a Notebook Makeover
- SS #25: To Pre-Read or Not to Pre-Read (Why Is It Even a Question?)
- Celeste’s reading journal
- School Education by Charlotte Mason (aka Volume 3)
- Flexbook Sketchbook
- SS #32: Paideia Is All Greek to Me (episode where Brandy talks about her paideia notebook)
- Augustus Caesar’s World by Genevieve Foster
- John Muir Laws videos
- Drawing with Children by Mona Brooks
- precut watercolor paper
- Frixion erasable gel pens
Please leave us a review in Apple Podcasts!
If you upgraded to iOS 11, you’ll find leaving a review easier than ever. Just go to Scholé Sisters in your subscriptions and scroll down.
The post SS #34: Bling Your Pre-Reading with a Notebook Makeover (with Celeste Cruz) appeared first on Scholé Sisters.