On March 26, 1958, the United States launched its third satellite into space. Explorer 3 was almost identical to Explorer 1, which was the first satellite the U.S. ever launched. See how it happened in our On This Day in Space video series.
- Lego Movie World Opening at Florida Park
- On This Day in Space! ISS Astronauts Toss ‘SuitSat’ Overboard
- See the Whirlpool Galaxy Through the Eyes of the NASA’s ‘Great Observatories’
- This Is the Purest Beam of Light in the World
- Hyperfast Shock Waves from a Supernova Heat Atoms to Blazing-Hot Temperatures