:: 1 ::
When I mentioned my personal Latin notebook last week, I neglected to say what curriculum I was using for myself. Oops! Yes, that would have been good information to include.
For my refresher course this year, I chose Getting Started with Latin, partly because it looked like I could fit a complete lesson into my 15 minute time slot, and partly because I wanted to write a review of it. I was right: the lessons fit into my time slot perfectly. I’ll post a review sometime in the future. I’m enjoying it.
Note: I also use my Latin review box for vocabulary.
:: 2 ::
And the new episode of Scholé Sisters is…
:: 3 ::
Charlotte Mason Boot Camp opened up yesterday. Last I checked, there were still some spots left (there are 60 slots total, including scholarships that were given out), so consider yourself notified. 🙂
:: 4 ::
:: 5 ::
This month in 2012:
Apparently, it was six years ago that I first re-thought math for Daughter A. I’ll be honest: while taking a break and switching things up was magical for my oldest, math has continued to be a struggle with my second child. But you know what? I still believe that what I did here was best. And I still maintain that we are often afraid of rest and we really do need to be okay with taking it. But will rest automagically fix everything? No. No it won’t.
:: 6 ::
This week’s links collection:
- U.S. Oil Export Boom Boosts Pipeline Demand from OilPrice.com
- 104K Instant Pot 8-in-1 multicookers recalled due to fire hazard from WNDU16
- If you have one of these, you might want to return or exchange it!
- Terrified Amazon Echo users reveal Alexa has been emitting ‘bone chilling’ laughs at random and is ignoring their commands from DailyMail.com
- Um … this is totally creepy! That is all.
- Except to say that AI always freaks me out a little.
- North Korea Signals Willingness to ‘Denuclearize,’ South Says from The New York Times
- Good news!
- 2018 Amendments to the Manual for Courts-Martial, United States from WhiteHouse.gov
- I always keep my eye on Executive Orders. This is one where you have to do a little digging for it to make any sense because it refers to things outside the order itself.
:: 7 ::
Answering your questions:
- Question: I run a Charlotte Mason study group. How do I apply for a Group Discount for one of your study guides?
- Answer: Thank you for asking an easy one. This is all my brain can handle right now. 😉 All you have to do is click here and fill out the form. My friend Hayley will get in contact with you and do the rest. 🙂
The post Thoughtworthy (Latin for Moms, New Podcast Episode, and MORE!) appeared first on Afterthoughts.