:: 1 ::
We don’t camp. Neither my husband nor I grew up camping. We don’t own gear. I wouldn’t really know how to do it. It’s an ignorance thing, I think.
The question, then, is how to travel when you have four children. In many states, renting a house is probably an option, but if you haven’t noticed, California is kind of pricey. I was delightfully surprised, then, when I discovered the website Six Suitcase Travel. It specializes in hotel searches for families the size of ours (and a bit larger, too!) — and only searches hotels where we wouldn’t have to rent an extra room.
I was thrilled when planning a recent trip. I found a reasonably priced hotel that includes breakfast (bonus!), free parking (double bonus!), and a full kitchen (can you say gluten free bonus??).
:: 2 ::
The latest episode of Scholé Sisters is out today! I know some of you have been waiting a long time for this episode, asking me about what could possibly be inside that Paideia Project notebook I showed on Instagram weeks ago. In this episode, I spill the beans.
:: 3 ::
This week, we finished up reading aloud the second book in Jonathan Rogers’ Wilderking Trilogy, The Secret of the Swamp King. Just like the first book, it didn’t disappoint. It contained a number of great life lessons, and the children and I found a new motto in its pages: Live in the grace you are given.
Wanna know what that’s about? Read the book!
This book is one part retelling stories from the life of King David, one part Florida, one part fantasy. Definitely recommended.
:: 4 ::
This month in 2015:
:: 5 ::
This week’s links collection:
- ACLJ Files 2 New Lawsuits Against Deep State DOJ and FBI Over Comey’s Sham Investigation and Uranium One Scandal from ACLJ
- “Yesterday, in response to what has become an all-too-familiar pattern and practice of failure by several federal bureaucratic agencies to comply with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requirements and answer the ACLJ’s FOIA requests as the law requires, we filed two new FOIA lawsuits in which we are asking a federal court to order the agencies to issue determinations and produce documents responsive to the ACLJ’s FOIA request.”
- I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise. from The Washington Post
- Delingpole: NOAA Caught Adjusting Big Freeze out of Existence from Breitbart
- Winter finally arrived here in California and I’m not handling it very well. It was 34 degrees when I checked this morning!
- Richard Feynman’s “Notebook Technique” Will Help You Learn Any Subject–at School, at Work, or in Life from Open Culture
- Proving that starting my Paideia notebook was a genius-level move.
- THE VOICE OF GOD WEAPON RETURNS from Wired
- From 2007, but fascinating: “[I]t’s long been known that microwaves at certain frequencies can produce an auditory effect that sounds like it’s coming from within someone’s head …”
The post Thoughtworthy (Hotels for Larger Families, New Podcast, Grace Motto, and MORE!) appeared first on Afterthoughts.