Things to prepare:
- 5” x 11” paper
- Barbecue stick
- Ribbon with wide area
What to do?
- Fold the piece of paper in half.
- Mark a point on the top of the paper about one inch from the fold.
- Mark a point on the bottom of the paper about one inch from the open side.
- Imagine, or draw, a line connecting these two dots.
- Fold the top corner of the paper down along the line that you’ve just created.
- Next, flip the paper over and fold the other side down to match the side you just folded.
- Flip the paper back over so that it looks the way it did in Step 5.
- Tape along the middle layer.
- Place a barbecue stick across the kite, as shown, and tape it in place. You’ll probably have to cut the barbecue stick down to size with your scissors.
- Flip the kite back over and straighten the part of it that looks like a spine.
- Mark a spot about a third of the way down the spine, and about half an inch from the edge. Put tape over this mark to reinforce it on both sides.
- Use your scissors to make a hole in this spot.
- Tie your kite string through this hole. Make sure to use a good knot!
- Tape a length of ribbon to the back of the kite, at the bottom.
Now, your kite is ready to fly! Enjoy flying your kite!