Learn how to do this popular trend and put your photos all over your house.
Light colored wood piece
Matte gel medium
Mod Podge (your choice)
2 brushes (bristles or foam)
Scissors (in case trimming is necessary)
Laser-printed image to transfer (in reverse because you’re going to be laying them face-down on the wood)
- Cover the work surface with some scrap paper.
- Apply thin layer of matte gel medium on the wood piece. Then lay your photo face-down on top of the wood very carefully. Smooth out and flatten to release air bubbles underneath your photo. Let it dry for at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours or more, take your towel and get it wet with water. Squeeze out excess water.
- Press the wet towel on top of the photo transfer. Make sure the photo is completely soaked.
- Rub off the white paper of the photo using your fingers. Let dry to see and peel off the remaining fibers to your photo.
- If there are still some fibers on it, moisten your transfer a bit and rub the fibers, then, let it dry.
7. Using other brush, apply Mod Podge to seal the photo transfer. Dry completely.