Explore the concept of representing numbers using a letter.
- Prepare a one pager on algebraic addition and multiplication.
- Use worksheets on demonstrating algebraic manipulation.
Algebra involves concepts on replacement. Its important to prove that numerical integrity remains.
Note: It’s normal if a child does not recognise the assignment of values to a letter. Just complete the lesson with some worksheet samples, and re-visit this lesson.
Estimated Lesson Time
- 30 mins
- One pager demonstrating concepts of Algebra
- 1-2 worksheets to practice Algebraic manipulation
- Lesson Plan: Addition
- Lesson Plan: Multiplication
- Lesson Plan: Sequences