Explore the concept of matter by having a variety of objects to touch. Explore Solid, Liquid and Gaseous objects.
- Prepare solid objects like wooden blocks, kitchen utensils, toys etc…
- Prepare liquid objects like a cup of water, oil, juice etc…
- Prepare a balloon filled with air, or use a handheld fan to demonstrate moving gases. Smelling perfume in the air can demonstrate the medium.
Involve the child senses to explore the objects.
Consult a medical specialist should a child have sensory difficulties. Be cautious as perfume may irritate children.
Estimated Lesson Time
- 5-30 mins
- Common household objects, toys, cup of water/oil/juice, balloon, perfume.
- No prior activities needed.
- Lesson Plan: Solids
- Lesson Plan: Liquids
- Lesson Plan: Gases